While most people are counting the days until Christmas, we are packing and counting the days until we move to Panama. It is a bit crazy and overwhelming that we will be making another major move in 17 days, but I love how the Lord is continuing to provide along the way…..
- We don’t have to weigh bags!! Panama City is about 12 hours from here, so we will be renting a large van to move us. It is more economical than flying and we don’t have to sell more of our things. Yay!
- We have already sold our car! This is a huge praise. We posted it for sale and it was sold within 3 days.
- We have found a house in Panama. The house is in the same neighborhood as our other team members and will provide our family with a comfortable and safe place to live!
Just as we have praises, we also have some prayer requests…
- Houses for rent in Panama, are not quite the same as houses in the states. Currently, there are plumbing fixtures and cabinets (praise!), but we will have to purchase and install all lighting, air, hot water and appliances.
- The residency process in Panama will cost around $7,000. Please pray that the Lord will provide these funds.
- Transition is always hard. We are overjoyed about the opportunities that await us in Panama, but packing up and saying goodbye is always difficult. Pray especially for the kiddos during this time of transition.
We have heard that there is one thing that is always constant in ministry…. change! There was a time in our lives that change brought fear and uncertainty, but the Lord has been faithful in showing us that change at times is equal to obedience in following Him.
We are excited to announce that after our year of language training and serving alongside the team here in Costa Rica, we have been invited to join the ReachGlobal team in Panama to assist with the Global Fingerprints program. What a blessing and joyful opportunity to join with the team there!
So what is Global Fingerprints? Global Fingerprints is a child sponsorship program that partners directly with local pastors to meet the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of at-risk youth. We spent the last week in Panama City and were able to meet with local pastors and see how Global Fingerprints Panama is working to fulfill the Great Commission. To read more about Global Fingerprints, click here.
The GlobalFIngerprints program was able to help build a home for one of the families!
Thank you for your continued prayers. We are constantly overwhelmed by God’s faithfulness. This move is another example of that; there is a direct need that we can fill in Panama, and the leadership in Costa Rica, Panama, and all of Latin America are supportive and excited about this opportunity. What confirmation and encouragement. God is good!
Our new team in Panama.